Monday 2 January 2012

2012 Goals

Aloha internet!


..and happy new year! With this new year, as with every new year, there has been a universal surge of hope and determination to better ourselves and make this year the best yet. So who am I to contradict? The following are my goals for 2012:



1) Save
I'm going to try and save rather spend my money this year. And I'm fully aware that is way easier said than done. So, instead of just seeing the money roll in and rolling it straight out again, I'm going to promise myself that I'll put away at least 10% (starting off small) each week into my savings, and not take it out until I really need it.
Measured goal = Have enough ££ to properly treat both my parents this year


2) Re-vamp Skincare
Guys... I'm so bad to my skin. I'm always forgetting to exfoliate, to protect, to cleanse, to remove makeup properly.. the list goes on. As a result, my skin isn't looking too good. Obviously there's only so much I can do as I'm still a spotty little teenager (ooer), but I'm looking forward to seeing the results of looking after my skin as it deserves.
Measured goal = Wash my face morning and night 365 days a year

3) Re-vamp Haircare
And again, you're going to hear about what a slob I am aha. My hair is currently the bane of my existence. I've got medium length, dry, curly hair that is extremely prone to frizz, and I have still yet to find a way to embrace my curls. Therefore this year I'm looking to find my niche. I'm going to stop excessively heat styling my hair and learn to love and care for the hair I've got.
Measured goal = I'll compare picture of my hair now to a picture in December to see!

4) Get Fit
The most common new years resolution of all it to loose weight, and we all know why. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So let's get straight into my POA (plan of action):  
a. Eat right. I know I have the ability to change what I eat for the better. For as long as I can remember I've had a very deep and loving relationship with chocolate, cake, pizza, nandos and all my other fatty friends. But starting from right this moment I'm breaking that relationship off. Sure, I bet I'll be longing for them in a couple of hours, but I have to prove to myself for once that I can do it. It will be worth it.
Measured goal = Eat at least 3 portions of fruit/veg every day

b. Exercise. I already cycle every morning for 45minutes doing my paper-round, but this year I'm stepping things up. I'm already a member at a gym, so in about a weeks time, I've got a meeting booked with an instructor who's going to set me up a routine and plan for the gym that I can use in the next couple of months. On top of that I've decided to buy 'Just Dance 3' for the Wii, which is a game I've tried and tested and LOVE! That's how I put fun into exercise.
Measured goal = At least 1 'Just Dance 3' Dance a day & At least 1 trip to the gym a week


Thank you for reading!
What are your new years resolutions?

Cheers,


2 comments:

  1. to get through the stack of books on my shelf and de-clutter my closet, and start running again... trying to keep it simple this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style! I'm definitely getting back into reading as well this year :)

    ReplyDelete